Books I've bought this month
So I thought it was time for me to start my first rubric. And I quickly decided that it would be ‘Books I’ve bought this month’.
This is the May & June Edition. You can find a list of the books I’ve bought in May and the first week of June in this post.
Most of the books haven’t been published yet, meaning I pre-ordered them. So since I haven’t read them yet, I won’t review or rate them, but I will insert the offical summary for each book.
“Up until his diagnosis, Lane lived a fairly predictable life. But when he finds himself at a tuberculosis sanatorium called Latham House, he discovers an insular world with paradoxical rules, med sensors, and an eccentric yet utterly compelling confidante named Sadie—and life as Lane knows it will never be the same.”
- I bought this book because I really liked Robyn’s first book ‘Severed Heads, Broken Hearts’ also known as ‘The beginning of everything’.
- pre-ordered a paperback cover on May 23 for $10. It was offically released on May 26 & it arrived on May 27. I haven’t read it yet, since I am currently reading ‘Zac & Mia’, but ‘Extraordinary Means’ is up next!
“I wasn’t going to write a sequel to Me Before You. But for years, readers kept asking and I kept wondering what Lou did with her life. In the end the idea came, as they sometimes do, at 5:30 in the morning, leaving me sitting bolt upright in my bed and scrambling for my pen.
It has been such a pleasure revisiting Lou and her family, and the Traynors, and confronting them with a whole new set of issues. As ever, they have made me laugh, and cry. I hope readers feel the same way at meeting them—especially Lou—again. And I’m hoping that those who love Will will find plenty to enjoy.” —Jojo Moyes
- After I finished ‘Me before you’ I googled it, ’cause I wanted to know if there’s going to be a movie adaption to it. (Summer 2016 btw!!) And suddenly I came across a link that said ‘After You, the sequel to Me before You’ and I was freaking out. I immediately pre-ordered it. I can only recommend ‘Me before you’, you can find a link to my Review below.
- ‘After You’ is the sequel to ‘Me before you‘. I pre-ordered it as a paperback on May 25 for $14 & it’s going to be released on September 29.
UPDATE: I cancelled my order of this book a few weeks ago. I just needed the money for something else. I will probably re-order it in August!
“For popular high school senior Samantha Kingston, February 12—”Cupid Day”—should be one big party, a day of valentines and roses and the privileges that come with being at the top of the social pyramid. And it is…until she dies in a terrible accident that night.
However, she still wakes up the next morning. In fact, Sam lives the last day of her life seven times, until she realizes that by making even the slightest changes, she may hold more power than she ever imagined.”
- TBH, I bought this because I needed a book for my Amazon shopping cart, because I wanted free shipping HAHA! So I was looking for a cheap book & this sounded the most interesting to me. According to reviews, this is a lot like ‘If I Stay’ & ’13 Reasons Why’. 13RW, is one of my favorite books of all time & I do like authors that write stories about what happens after death.
- Pre-ordered it as a paperback on June 6 for $7. It was published in October 2011.
I hope you guys enjoyed this, maybe I was able to inspire you to buy one of these books as well!